In order to protect the privacy of our customers, here at Volks Group (Volks Inc., Zoukei-Mura Inc., and Virginal Art Co., Ltd. hereinafter referred to as "Volks") we are very careful in our use of the personal data of our online customers.
When we request personal information from you, we will ask your permission first and use the information only for the expressly determined purposes.
Definition of "Personal Information"
"Personal information" is defined as data about an individual that can be used to identify a certain person (including information that can easily be used in combination with other information to identify an individual).
1. Situations in Which Volks Will Gather Your Personal Information
- When you request to purchase products
- When you send us feedback or questions
- To confirm services rendered
- Other situations in which it is determined that it is necessary for Volks to ask for your information
We may ask for your personal information as necessary.
If Volks asks for your personal information, we will clarify how we intend to use the information, and will collect only the necessary details.
If you do not wish to share your personal information, you may choose to refuse our request.
Please understand that there is the possibility that Volks will not be able to provide you with our services if you choose to refuse our request.
- Purchase, order, pre-order/reservation of goods and/or services
- Participation in/Application to campaigns and events
- Response to questionnaires and other surveys
- Contacting Volks with questions/comments
- Other services which require personal information to meet the individual needs of customers
You can choose whether or not to share your information with Volks.
There are some Volks services on our website and elsewhere that you can use without sharing your personal information. However, there are also services that can only be used once you share your information with us.
2. We will ask for information such as the following:
- Telephone Number
- Postal Code
- Postal Address
- Email Address
- Date of Birth
- And other information necessary to receive our services
3. Volks uses personal data for the following purposes
Volks will only use the personal data you share for the designated purposes. We will not use it for any outside purpose without your consent.
- In order to send the products you have purchased/ordered and provide services
- To reserve products/services
- To send email announcements, etc.
- To send items won by entry to or participation in campaigns/events
- To send items won or as a reward for answering surveys
- To send our response to inquiries
- For necessary confirmation and other contact concerning products/services ordered
- To improve the quality and user-friendliness of our services
4. Outsourcing Personal Information
In order to improve the quality and user-friendliness of our services, there are instances in which we will entrust the personal information you have sent us with an outside firm. In that case, we will make sure that the outside firm properly protects your information by monitoring and directing their activities. (For example, we may entrust the information from campaign entries, product orders, etc. to other Volks Group companies, distributors, delivery companies, etc.)
When communicating statistical information to outside entities, Volks will only share statistics that do not reveal information that could be used to identify particular individual customers.
5. We will not give your personal information to third parties
Volks will protect the personal data you share with us and properly handle it with the utmost care. We will take all safety measures within reason to prevent leakage, loss, misuse, alteration, or unauthorized access to your data.
Volks will not give the information you provide us with to any third party, with the exception of the following instances.
- With your consent
- If it is determined that Volks must respond to the content of your inquiry
- In response to subpoena or other legal order for which personal information is requested
In those cases, there is no change to the service contents (purpose of use).
Volks will announce on our website if there is to be a transfer of data storage location.
In that case, we will create an inquiry page for questions concerning the transfer of customer's personal information.
6. Volks stores personal information carefully
Volks will protect the personal data you share with us and will take safety measures to prevent leakage, loss, misuse, alteration, or unauthorized access to your data.
In order to prevent third-party access to your personal information when you enter it into our website, we will use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocols to encrypt your data or equivalent online security measures to maintain the network security and keep your information safe.
However, Volks expects that customers will understand that there is no technology that can completely block all unauthorized access, and that users will bear the responsibility for taking that risk.
7. Personal Information of Children
Volks is especially cautious concerning the handling of personal information of customers aged 15 years old and younger.
If you are 15 or younger, you must have a guardian's permission first before submitting your personal information.
8. You can modify, inquire about, and/or delete your personal information at any time
Please contact Volks if you wish to modify, inquire about, and/or delete your personal information that you have shared with us.
After we have confirmed that you are the individual who has entered the information in question, we will do our best to respond to your request.
If you have any questions concerning your personal information, please contact Volks at the phone number below.
TEL: (81) 075-325-1171
When Volks requests your personal information, we will confirm with you beforehand, and will use the information for the designated purposes.
What are "Cookies"?
"Cookies" are files that are saved to your computer when you use websites. They contain information on your usage activity, previously entered information, and other data.
The next time that you access the same website, the website owner can personalize the displayed information using your cookies. If you allow cookies in your browser settings, the website can collect cookie data from your browser.
In order to protect your privacy, the website can only collect the cookies previously sent from that website's server to your browser.
- You can select to "allow all cookies," "block all cookies," "be notified when cookies are sent" and other options. The method of changing these settings varies by browser. To modify your settings, please check the "Help" menu in your browser.
- Please note that if you select to block all cookies, you may not be able to receive certain online services that require authentication as well as other possible restrictions.
What Volks Does With Internet Cookies
- To offer personalized services and display saved customer account information after logging in.
- To display personalized advertisements on other websites to match the contents you are interested in and your activity on our website
- To monitor the number of visitors to our website and collect traffic data
- To improve our services
- To require password re-entry after a certain period of time has passed as a security measure
Volks uses third-party service providers, including Google, to display our advertisements on a variety of different websites.
You may choose to opt out of Google's use of your cookies for advertisements.(https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en)
(Or you can use the Networking Advertising Initiative website (http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/) to block third-party providers from using your cookies.)
Yahoo! JAPAN opt-out page: (http://btoptout.yahoo.co.jp/optout/preferences.html)
Our website uses targeted advertising services in order to improve the effectiveness of our promotions.
Volks will only use this service to access the cookies from your access history on our site for effective advertising purposes. We will not use this service for any other purpose or to collect other personal data.
Pixel Tag and Other Similar Techniques
Our website uses "pixel tag" (also known as "web beacon" or "clear GIF") technology.
This is a technique that uses a tiny graphic image or similar within our website and e-mails.
This pixel tag tracks the online activity of our customers to measure the effectiveness of our website and our advertisements.
We have outsourced the analysis and tracking of that information to an outside service provider.
The pixel tags on our website can be used to track which pages you view, which services you use, the links you click, and other actions you take while accessing our website.
This information can also include details of which browser you use, your operating system, date and time, and other technological information about your computer.
There are also instances in which Volks can determine the website that you have visited right before accessing our website.
The pixel tags and cookies contained in emails from Volks can be used to track whether you have received our email, what time you opened it, when you clicked the link, and other information to gather your reaction to our email.
There are also instances in which we will combine the information from cookies and pixel tags with other information that you have provided us with.
This information may be used to improve our website, to personalize your online usage, to determine how to correspond with you properly, to judge the results of our advertisements, to understand our customers' preferences, and other business purposes within Volks.
In Accordance with the GDPR
#1. Requests Concerning Personal Information Handling
After it has been confirmed that the requesting customer is the individual in question, and the contents of the request have been confirmed, Volks will reply within a reasonable period of time to the following requests concerning the handling of personal information.
- Request to withdraw consent for the handling of personal information
- Objection/Complaint regarding the handling of personal information
- Request regarding personal information portability
Please understand that there is a possibility that you may no longer be able to use Volks services as a result of making the above requests.
#2. Transferring Personal Information Outside of the EEA
#3. Data Storage Duration
#5. Contact Information for Inquiries
If you have any questions or requests concerning usage of personal data, please contact us directly.
- E-mail Address：firstname.lastname@example.org
- TEL：(81) 075-325-1171